Mayo head for Croke Park on Sunday eager to bring to an end 66 years of hurt. The Connacht side have taken a rocky road to the final, with nine games in total.
Galway ended their Connacht hopes after an opening round win over Sligo, as they faced into the back door for a second consecutive year.
From there, Clare were the only team of five not to draw with Mayo in the original 70 minutes.
Extra-time was needed to see off Derry and Cork, while Roscommon and Kerry weren’t vanquished until after replays.
Stephen Rochford is not a man to shy away from a big decision, and has tonight named his team for Sunday’s decider.
— Mayo GAA (@MayoGAA) September 15, 2017
Mayo Starting Lineup:
- David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
- Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
- Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
- Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
- Lee Keegan (Westport)
- Chris Barrett (Belmullet)
- Colm Boyle (Davitts)
- Seamus O’Shea (Breaffy)
- Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
- Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
- Aidan O’Shea (Breaffy)
- Diarmuid O’Connor (Ballintubber)
- Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)
- Cillian O’Connor (Ballintubber, captain)
- Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
Make sure to check out the latest episode of The 16th Man podcast, where we hear from Marc Ó Sé as we look ahead to the All-Ireland football final.